Paros is the third largest and one of the most important islands of the Cyclades. It has many historical sights, amazing beaches, as well as many bars, cafés and restaurants.
The two major towns of the island are Parikia and Naousa. Parikia is the main harbor, while Naousa (within a distance of 10 km from Parikia) is one of the most picturesque harbors of all the Greek islands.
In Parikia, the Ekatontapyliani Church is one of the first Christian churches in the world, built in the middle of the 4th century, which we unreservedly recommend visiting, as well as the Frankish Castle.
The Loggoverda Monastery is also one of the sights worth a visit, as it is the largest on the island and also renowned for its architecture. It houses a library with many rare manuscripts and a book-building workshop.
Apart from Parikia and Naousa, there are several beautiful villages, such as Lefkes, perched at an altitude of 300 meters, with unique architecture and splendid views.
Aliki, Piso Livadi, Prodromos, Drios are also some of the villages that preserve the unparalleled, picturesque Cycladic landscape, combined with the hospitality of the residents.
Particular reference should be made to the picturesque island of Antiparos , which is only 10 minutes by ferry-boat from Pounta.
Finally, the Valley of Butterflies will leave young and old visitors absolutely astounded.
The best way to discover the island and its beauties is by car, as the distances are quite long, and the road network is very good.
If you consider renting a car in Paros, Coolcar rentals is the company that will serve you in the best possible way, with new and safe cars.
To reach the island of Paros, visitors take a 3-3.5 hour ferry ride from the ports of Piraeus or Rafina. Air travel is an alternative, with a flight time of 25 minutes from the Athens International Airport.
Paros is famous for its beaches, all accessible by car, and can satisfy all tastes. There are organized beaches suitable for families, as well as remote and less popular, like:
- The Monastery, which is an organized beach with sand, crystal clear and shallow water. It is ideal for families and children.
- Kolimbithres, which consist of many sandy beaches with strange rock formations, as well as cool, crystal-clear water. There are umbrellas and comfortable deck chairs for you to rent.
- Santa Maria, is the ideal beach in Paros, which combines tranquility with entertainment. Some places are organized and provide water sports facilities, while others give the possibility for complete isolation in crystal-clear water and sandy beaches.
- Ambelas, is a small and beautiful beach, sheltered from the weather, in a non windy bay. It has beautiful sand and blue-green water.
- Golden Beach is the longest sand beach of Paros, with shallow water and is ideal for windsurf enthusiasts.
- Kalogeros, is a non-organized beach, suitable for isolation and scuba diving with mask and flippers, as the underwater terrain and the rocks surrounding the sandy beach are of great interest for exploration.
- Agia Irini is an exotic, remote beach with palm trees and almirikia. It is a narrow strip of sand beach and has clean, green water.
- Faragas is a beautiful beach, protected by the winds, with fine sand and clear water. You can choose whether to use sun loungers with umbrellas, or almirikia to lie down in their shade.
- Pounta is a particularly popular organized beach, with sand and crystal-clear water, ideal for clubbing and water sports.
We guarantee that your access to most of Paros beaches will be much easier and more comfortable if you rent a new, reliable and safe car from Coolcar rentals.